Finding a locksmith these days may seem relatively simple, as you can go online and type locksmiths near me and get a list of numerous technicians that should appear. However, with the recent wave of locksmith scams, you want to make sure you hire a trustworthy and experienced person.
Liberty City Locksmith wants to share this information with you today.
Firstly, we recommend you make a decision when you are not in an emergency. It’s best if you do your online search when you have time to analyze the following aspects:
Find a Local Locksmith Online
Multiple companies run ads online that may seem like a local store, but call centers connect to another city or country. These may provide low estimates and poorly trained technicians, and once they finish the job, it costs more than the low estimate.
It is imperative when you are looking to hire a mobile locksmith to get the following information from them:
- The full legal name of the business, a generic name, is usually linked to these call center industries.
- The address: Ask the operator to verify the address they display in the online Ad. A legitimate company that runs a mobile business should be able to have a physical address.
- An estimate for the job: You should explain the type of situation you require before getting the estimate. When you get a low estimate, make sure that this quote includes all the fees such as service, labor, parts, and any expenses related to fuel surcharge, 24/7 service, tool usage, etc.
- A written copy of the estimate: you must request the quote in writing to have a backup.
- Find out if the locksmith online has insurance to cover your losses if they damage your property during the repair.
- Fifteen states require locksmiths to be licensed or registered. Check online if your state requires a license or registration, and say you want to see it when the locksmith arrives.
- Do an online search for complaints and reviews. That is the best way to find out how reliable the company is.
Make sure what kind of services the mobile locksmith provides. Not all technicians offer the same services. You must check with the locksmiths in your area about the services that they offer. For example, some only specialize in a vehicle or home services, while others provide a range of services. Also, some mobile locksmiths provide some services when responding to emergency calls and other types of services if you call during business hours.
When the technician arrives, make sure you:
- Ask for the locksmith’s identification and business card. You don’t want to give access to your property to unidentified people.
- Before the locksmith starts working, ask for the written estimate and compare it to the figure they mentioned on the phone. If the information does not match, consider calling someone else.
- Look at the proof of insurance and business license if the state requires it.
- Read any authorization forms and paperwork that they give you
- Before you pay, request for an invoice that shows in detail the company name and the list of labors, parts, and fees that get charged to you
- Save the number for future references, in case the service was good.
We hope these tips help you find a reliable online locksmith in your area. We will continue to update this information every few months.