Miami is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. But that doesn’t keep us away from crime. We are usually ranked above the national average for auto thefts and burglaries. Today we will talk about the best smart locks available for your residence.
Technology has brought many advances and comforts to our lives, but it also has brought better technology for home security. So have you have asked yourself this question before, do I need smart locks for my home or business? Or are you cool with your old conventional locks?
Locksmith locks and keys have been around since the ancient Egyptians around 4,000 years ago.
We have come a long way from the old days but lock technology didn’t change too much in my opinion until recently. But should you make the switch from regular locks to smart ones? The answer comes from the convenience that smart locks provide you. Most Miami locksmith can install these smart locks. But let’s see some advantages of these locks and you judge if they are for you.
- When you are on vacation do you want to know if someone is trying to break in your home? If yes this is one advantage of these locks over regular locks.
- Do you want to let in your parents on certain occasions but don’t want them to have a key? Well, these smart locks provide you with this feature.
- Do you hate locking yourself out and calling a locksmith and paying to get back in your house? You might need to consider getting a smart lock for your home.
- Thieves preferred methods of entry is thru the keyhole in your door. With these locks, you won’t have that problem. They replace the keyhole with a biometric reader or a smartphone detection.
- The full access control feature is also great for knowing every detail of who goes in and out of your home or business.
- You break up with your boyfriend and have the stressful task of changing all the locks. Not anymore with a few clicks you can have his or her authorization revoke with costly lock changing.
Now we wouldn’t be Caraballo Liberty Locksmith Miami if we weren’t completely honest with you. So now we have to talk about the disadvantages of these devices.
- If you are using the ones integrated with your smartphone and you run out of battery you might risk being locked out because of this.
- A blackout of the control unit will leave you with a risk of locking you out also.
- If the control system fails to allow you to safely close the door you risk thieves to have access to your home.
- If you hate updating devices than these locks might not be for you. The devices need updating to prevent tampering.
- IT experts can create fake new codes to get in, giving robbers easy access.
Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? Hopefully, this post helps you decide if it’s a fit for you. Contact our locksmiths in Miami if you have any questions.